- Enlightening the learners on the ethical and environmental issues.
- Extending holistic training to shape the learners in to committed and competent citizens.
- Equipping them with soft skills for facing the competitive world.
- Enriching their employability through career oriented courses.
- Ensuring accessibility and opportunity to make education to the underprivileged.
- To mould the learners into accomplished individuals by proving them with a stimulus for social change through Character, Confidence and competence.
LIBRARY AREA: (Total Carpet Area: 12521sq.ft)
Reading Hall : 2400sq.ft Stack Room : 2400sq.ft
Smart Class Room : 570sq.ft Audio Visual Room : 420sq.ft
Net Café : 300sq.ft Librarian Room : 270sq.ft
Room for Back Volume Section : 400sq.ft Room for Research Scholar Section : 260sq.ft
Talking Book Library : 280sq.ft Own Book Reading Hall : 540sq.ft
Reception Hall : 4681sq.ft
- On Working Days: 7.30 am to 4. 30 p.m.
- If Saturday in holiday 9.30 am to 1.30 p.m .
- During Semester Exam & Vacation 9.30 a.m to4.30 p.m.
- Library Service is not offered on Government Holidays & Sundays.
|4.||E – Journal||1(N-List)|
|5.||Membership||American Library Association|
Main Library Has a Unique Feature of Maintaining Seven Departmental Libraries Viz
- Social Work,
- Commerce ( CA )
- Computer Science
There Libraries are established with the Main Objective of Facilitating the Staff and Students in the Promotion of Research and Projects.
Head of the Department and Library in-charge Staff are Responsible for the Issue and Return of the Books.
ROVAN LMS: Library Management Systems.
Open Access System
- Allows First Hand Contact With the Books On the Shelf.
OPAC – Online Public Access Catalogue
Status of the Books
- Particular Book Available on Stack or in Binding or in Lending or in Missing
- Transaction of Books across the Library Counter has been speeded up Because of Bar – Coding.
Previous Year Question Paper Service
Help from Library Staff
Neatly Maintained Stacks
- Special care has been taken to maintain the Library Stacks to Facilitate Users to Locate the Desired Documents Quickly.
- Library Reading Hall has Seating for 120 Users.
Fully Wi – Fi Enabled Library
Closed Circuit TV Camera Facility Available
III. READERS ACCESS
|Users||No. of Books||Duration|
USER ORIENT ATION
- User Orientation is given to New Students Periodically.
- Special Training is provided on use of Internet, INFLIBNET.
- Library Staff Members are Also Provided Orientation on the use of Library Facilities.
- UGC-INFLIBNET’S N-LIST PROJECT ( E-RESOURCES PROJECT )
- About NLIST : Background
- The Project entitled “National Library and information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content ( N-list )”, being jointly executed by the UGC-INFONET Digital Library Consortium, INFLIBNET Centre and the INDEST-AICTE Consortium, IIT Delhi provides for I ) cross-subscription to e-resources subscribed by the two Consortia, i.e. subscription ; and ii) access to selected e-resources to colleges. The N-List project provides access to e-resources to students, researchers and faculty from colleges and other beneficiary institutions through server ( S ) installed at the INFLIBNET Centre. The authorized users from colleges can now access e-resources and download articles required by them directly from the publisher’s website once they are duly authenticated as authorized users through servers deployed at the INFLIBNET Centre. As an authenticated user from colleges registered under NLIST programme, you will have access for the e-resources ( 6000+ e journals and 97000 + ebooks )
|1.||E – Books||97000+|
|2.||E – Journals||76000+|
- E- Resources @ N-LIST
- The Consortium subscribes to the following resources for the colleges. All electronic resources subscribed under N-LIST programme are available from the publisher’s Web site
- Library Administration is Fully Automated By Adopting the ICT Information an Communication Technology.
- Software Runs on Number One RDBMS as Data Base Server .
- Internet Centre with 10 Systems.
- Reprography Facility is Available in the Library. This Facility is Available at Nominal Cost of 1/- for Exposure.
- Computer facilities on request.
- E – Journals access via Sage, JGATE and N-LIST – INFLIBNET ( “ Nation Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content”. Program me is funded by the MHRD to Extend Access to Selected E-Resource under UGC.)
- Library Supports Soft Copy of University and Autonomous Question Papers.
- Networking With 5 Systems for Different Functions Acquisition, Data Entry, Transaction, Opac, and Gate-Entry.
VII. SAFETY AND SECURITY MEASURE
- Exit & Entrance is in a Single Passage.
DIGITAL GATE ENTRY
- To Ensure Proper use of Library, Gate entry Monitoring System is used for Entry and Exit.
ISSUE & RETURN OF RESOURCE
- Issue and Return of Resources is Done Through Application of barcode Technology at the Transaction Counter.
RULES AND REGULATION.
- Perfect Silence inside the Library.
- No Personal Belongings Attended Inside the Library Other than a Few Writing Sheets.
- Materials to be Handled Carefully.
- The Borrower Herself Should Return Books.
- Check out of Journals, Magazines, Back Volumes of Journals not Allowed.
- Damaged Books to be brought to the Attention of a Library Staff.
- If a Book is Not Returned in good Condition or Lost, Replacement of the same is required.
- The Cost of the Book Will is accepted.
LOCK AND KEY ENTRUSTED
CLEARANCE CHECK AT THE END OF THE YEAR
CLOSED CIRCUIT MANITOR
STOCK VERIFICATION THROUGH BARCODE READR
- User Guidance and Orientation give Library Fresher’s to motivate and initiate them into the Usage of its Facilities, OPAC and Internet. At the Beginning of Every Academic Year Program is conducted for the Fresher’s to motivate them to a Meaning full Use of Library.
- Displaying New Arrival Rack.
- Displaying of News Paper Clips.
- Displaying Current Events Posters.
- Guest Lecturer for better motivation Organized.
- Thought for the Day.
- Conduct for Competition & Distribute the Prize in Annual Day.
- Library Club.
VIII. LIBRARIAN & STAFF MEMBERS LIBRARIAN
- E. Kavidoss B.sc – Library Assistant
- S.N. Nagalakshmi – Office Assistant ( Adhoc )
- G. Krishnaveni M.A – Office Assistant ( Adhoc )
- R. Anitha D.F.P.N – Office Assistant ( Adhoc )